Law Office Of Andrew Kehrer


Experienced Help For Divorce, Child Custody And Other Family Law Issues

Law Office Of Andrew Kehrer


Experienced Help For Divorce, Child Custody And Other Family Law Issues

Experienced Help For Child Custody

Our relationship with our children is one of the most important things in our lives. Disputes over child custody and visitation can be painful and deeply frustrating. It is important to have help from an attorney who has experience in family law and understands the legal issues involved.

At the Law Office of Andrew Kehrer in Silver Creek, New York, I help men and women with divorce, child support and child custody. Every case is different, and every client needs a different resolution to his or her issues. When you are my client, I will work with you to develop a plan to help you reach your goals and protect the best interests of your child.

I often help clients with difficult issues such as:

  • Relocation
  • Interstate child custody
  • Out-of-state visitation
  • Grandparents’ rights
  • Paternity

Relocation And Interstate Issues

Parents put a lot of time into developing plans for custody and visitation of their children. Often, they negotiate parenting plans during the process of divorce, and they may expect that once the divorce is finalized, the parenting plan will be complete as well.

Of course, when it comes to parenting, a lot can change in a short time. A child’s needs can change, as can a parent’s. When previous plans become unworkable, a parent can request a modification. Some of the most difficult cases involve relocation.

When a new job or other life change requires a parent to move to a new town or a new state, the most carefully prepared parenting plan can go up in smoke.

The most important thing to remember about relocation is that while parents are free to move away, both parents will continue to have responsibilities to provide for their children and rights to visit them. If the parents live in different states, the laws of both states can apply. Whether you are the parent moving away or the parent who is not, it is important to talk to a lawyer about how to defend your rights and protect the best interest of your child.

Get Started

If you live in the Chautauqua County area and need experienced help with child custody or other issues in family law, contact my office today. Call 716-934-8130 or send an email.